Syma S107 Manual

If you’re searching for the Syma S107 Manual, you can stop looking. Because here it is! It seems that quite a few people stop by micro-helicopters.net looking for the Syma S107 user guide or manual. I figured, why not scan mine in and post it up for others to see? I hope this will be helpful for people who lost their copy, or those who just want to get a glimpse into what the S107 is before they buy one.

Without further adieu, here is the manual. I hope you find it useful.

Syma S107 Manual - Page 1 Syma S107 Manual - Page 2 Syma S107 Manual - Page 3 Syma S107 Manual - Page 4

Download The PDF

59 Responses to “Syma S107 Manual”

1. ARPcPro
    December 8, 2010 at 5:28 pm #

Thanks a lot. I was needing this because I bought one with chinese manual. Very usefull the PDF ready version.

2. thinwilly
    November 22, 2011 at 12:40 pm #

I was hoping to find how to change channel on the helicopter. The instructions simply say “set the band frequency on the Transmitter and the Helicopter to the same frequency”.

But how? Where is the frequency switch on the helicopter?

Many thanks

3. admin
    November 22, 2011 at 1:33 pm #

There is no setting on the helicopter. Just set it on the transmitter and the helicopter will look for the first available signal after you turn it on.
    Good luck!

4. Brian
    December 8, 2011 at 8:25 pm #

Hi..Hope you have a suggestion. When I increase power for lift off, the helicopter veers to the left or right and flips over. I have adjusted the rudder trim, but it makes no difference. The helicopter is fully charged and there are new, fresh batteries in the controller. Any ideas?

Thanks!

5. admin
    December 8, 2011 at 9:24 pm #

Hi Brian,

Are both blades spinning? If not, make sure that the gears are engaging. If they are both spinning, check for lint and/or debris that might be preventing one of the motors from rotating freely. Good luck.

6. jdb2828
    December 17, 2011 at 3:21 pm #

Hi,

I’m wondering what the difference is between the Syma s107 and the TigerJet Gyro? I have a TigerJet, and it looks almost identical to the Syma…can I use Syma replacement parts for my TigerJet?

7. admin
    December 18, 2011 at 9:29 pm #

I can’t say for sure what the deal is with the TigerJet, but you are correct, it does look very much like the S107. They are so similar in fact that the TigerJet must be either a re-brand or a clone of the Syma. I’d say you should be pretty safe if you were to use Syma parts on your TigerJet.

8. Slav
    December 25, 2011 at 3:01 am #

wie ktoś jak wymienić wałek główny w tym modelu?

9. Pilot
    December 26, 2011 at 2:34 pm #

Hi–

I hope you can help. Santa brought the Syma S107G for my daughter. After one day, and several minor crashes, the copter crashes immediately on take off– the blades seem to catch one another and drive it down to the left or right. I’ve never had an RC copter before. Any ideas on what the problem might be and how it can be fixed? Thanks for any help or suggestions. She is very disappointed.

10. John
    December 26, 2011 at 8:25 pm #

My helicopter is hovering about one inch off the ground and won’t go any higher it is fully charged and both propellers are moving while it does this. Help!!! Thank you.

11. admin
    December 27, 2011 at 3:44 pm #

Pilot,

Make sure the connec buckle between the top blades and the flybar are still attached properly. Also, double check to mak ensure that the gears are engaging.

12. admin
    December 27, 2011 at 3:47 pm #

John,

The first thing I would check is that the blades are rotating freely. Sometimes hair and junk gets stuck in the gears or around the shaft. This prevents them from rotating fast enough and causes the results you are seeing.

13. Andrew Brott
    December 29, 2011 at 2:27 pm #

Our S107G is lifting or flying ok, but if there is a sudden change in direction, it seems the upper blade hits the balance bar and it crashes. the upper blade is flopping around loose when it is stationary. Both connectors are connected to the blade and the balance bar from what I can see. Suggestions?

14. ken
    December 29, 2011 at 9:07 pm #

I can’t get the green flashing light to stop flashing,brand new,was a gift,took the cover off, but didn’t help.

15. admin
    December 30, 2011 at 9:06 am #

Andrew,

hmm. I’ve seen that behavior on other helicopters but not the S107. On the S107, the flybar sits at a 45 degree angle to the top blades so it shouldn’t be possible for it to come in contact with the blades. On other helicopters this usually happens because the flybar sits below the top blade. Then what happens is, on direction change, the flybar contacts the lower blades that are spinning in the opposite direction. Are you sure you have an authentic S107?

The blades are supposed to be loose when stationary but if they are excessively so, you can try tightening the grips slightly.

16. admin
    December 30, 2011 at 9:09 am #

Ken,
    Do you mean the green light on the circuit board? Did you turn the switch off? Is the red and blue light at the nose cone flashing too?

17. Chris
    December 30, 2011 at 6:05 pm #

My helicopter will run its blades but cannot lift off. I suspect that there is a hair slowing the motor but I don’t see a significant amount built up. What possible solution are there?

18. S107 red baron
    December 30, 2011 at 6:41 pm #

I got a yellow S107 and after several crashes, I put it in the charger. On the second day it started swaying around and around like water being flushed in a toilet bowl. Then the flybar started going up and down while circling. This was very noticeable when I was holding it in my hand. I then noticed one of the yellow connectors to connect the tail boom to the main body was cracked and one part was higher than the other, so I carefully did my best to align it to it’s original position. Then it was acting like how Andrew Brott described it, including the fact that the upper rotor assembly is loose, while my red S107’s blade assembly is. One of my family members uses the yellow one and I don’t want to buy a new one. There is also no hair or anything else in the rotors.

19. Frank
    December 31, 2011 at 12:58 am #

my remote got trashed and I ordered a replacement, no instructions came with it. i put in batteries and nothing happens. is it a dud?

20. Jerame
    December 31, 2011 at 7:42 pm #

The top blade is not balanced, it appears that the studs that connect to the shaft have broken (after 20 min of play) I bought the replacement shaft however it is not the same. What do I do now?

21. Ted
    January 1, 2012 at 10:01 am #

The S107 turns on and the blades turn for about three seconds and shuts off, there is a red light blinking on the left rear of the copter. It is fully charged and won’t operate more than a few seconds.

22. Thomas
    January 1, 2012 at 7:27 pm #

My S107G is fully charged and put brand new batteries in remote. I cant seem to get it to work anymore, remote flashes green light constantly and chopper flashes red/blue but thats it. Son received for Christmas last week but it hasn’t worked since. Please help

Tom

23. admin
    January 2, 2012 at 9:46 pm #

Chris, Make sure it is fully charged and the blades are rotating freely. Also make sure that the blades are installed correctly (A on top, B on bottom)

24. admin
    January 2, 2012 at 9:50 pm #

Red Baron,

Once you reach the point where you are bending components into shape by eye, you’re in trouble. Make sure all your connect buckles are connected properly and align everything as best you can. If you still can’t get it to fly straight it might be time to start thinking about replacing some of those damaged parts. Fortunately pretty much every part for the S107 is available to be purchased.
    Good luck.

25. admin
    January 2, 2012 at 9:52 pm #

Frank, What do you mean nothing happens? You should get a green light above the on/off switch when you turn it on. Also, make sure the batteries are all installed with the correct polarity. That’s got me once or twice too 🙂

26. admin
    January 2, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

Jerame,

I don’t think I understand what you’re asking. The top blades are supposed to wobble back and forth if that’s what your getting at? I don’t know what you mean by “the studs that connect to the shaft”. You’re trying to replace the entire main shaft? Sorry man, I’d love to help but you’re not giving me much to go on. Can you give me a better description of what the problem is and what you’re trying to fix?

27. admin
    January 2, 2012 at 10:01 pm #

Ted,

Has it been like this since you got it? Sounds buggered. Like a defective component or something wired incorrectly. If it’s new I’d get an RMA and send it back.

28. admin
    January 2, 2012 at 10:04 pm #

Thomas,

The green LED on the transmitter is flashing? That’s not right. Something’s wrong with the transmitter. The green light should be on solid.

29. Tim
    January 3, 2012 at 1:19 pm #

I need to replace the main shaft,and i got the part but there is no instruction on how to get the old one out. I have been trying to find a video or anything to help me but not having much luck. there has to be a screw im not seeing. Any ideas or a website i can go to.

30. tim
    January 3, 2012 at 1:43 pm #

hi tim again. Im sorry i didnt tell you what i was working on. It’s a Syma s107g yellow

31. Preston Byers
    January 3, 2012 at 8:37 pm #

I’m having the same problem with the green blinking light… One day it started to have a REALLY bad signal and then i got the green blinking light. Doesn’t really work right now?

32. Jerame
    January 4, 2012 at 10:28 am #

My problem is similar to Andrews, posted on Dec 29, however with change of direction the upper blade are hitting the lower blades. It looks like the top blade is missing a pin, looks like it should run through the shaft. But I see nothing like that on the replacement parts. Basically, right now the only thing holding the upper blades on the helicopter is the connecter from the blades to the balance bar.

33. jeff
    January 5, 2012 at 12:37 am #

I’m having a problem I havent heard yet. Mid flight it will drop like I decreased the throttle, when i didn’t. Half a second later it would come back. It seems that the controller loses contact with the helicopter for a split second. I’m well within the distance. Any thoughts on how to fix it.

34. admin
    January 5, 2012 at 8:50 am #

Tim, Try this…

35. admin
    January 5, 2012 at 8:51 am #

Preston,

Same question I asked Thomas. Are you talking about the green light on the transmitter?

36. admin
    January 5, 2012 at 9:53 am #

Jerame,

It’s not really a Pin, but more of a big fat plastic peg. You must have had a pretty good crash to break that 🙂
    This picture is from a different helicopter but it looks exactly the same as the S107 and you can see what I’m talking about.
    To replace this on the S107 you will need to replace the entire inner shaft. You can get one here.

37. admin
    January 5, 2012 at 9:56 am #

Jeff,

These helicopters are infrared controlled, like your TV Remote. You have to have line of sight at all times. If any object gets between you and the heli, you will loose signal.
    I used to have this problem when I would fly my S107 around me. It would always drop when it got behind my back. Took me a while to realize that I needed to always face the heli.

38. Ged
    January 7, 2012 at 6:09 pm #

My s107 will not move forwards or backwards now. Everything else is ok, what can I do to fix .

39. admin
    January 10, 2012 at 7:05 am #

Ged,

That’s a problem with the tail rotor. make sure the rotor is attached and that the motor spins freely when you move the right stick forward or back. If the motor doesn’t spin at all, check the wires. Otherwise it might be time for a new motor.

40. Jack
    January 10, 2012 at 6:36 pm #

Transmitter no longer finding heli. Low hours on the battery/heli and it indicates fully charged. No big hits on the machine and fresh batteries in the transmitter. LED flashes then goes solid. Any advice?

41. admin
    January 11, 2012 at 7:12 am #

Jack,

Thurn the heli on and set it on a flat level surface. Next turn on the transmitter and make sure it is pointed at the helicopter. Then move the throttle back and forth a couple of times, the helicopter should respond. If this doesn’t work, switch to another channel on the transmitter and repeat the process.
    Good luck.

42. bob
    January 11, 2012 at 10:25 pm #

hello!
    the stabaliser tmechanisim broke on my heli, the pivot for the top rotor is snapped, any ideas?

43. Fritz
    January 12, 2012 at 6:08 am #

Hi
    I recently bought two syma’s of ebay, one came as a s107, and the other a s107g. The s107g only has one connecter buckle attached to the flybar. Whereas the s107 has two, and in the manual it only shows it to have one buckle… do you think it is ok to fly with just the one? because i have viewed many online/youtube etc and havnt seen one with just one connecter buckle. There is two balls opposite to allow for another connecter also.
    Thankyou

44. admin
    January 12, 2012 at 7:00 am #

Bob,

You’ll need a new inner shaft and new flybar. I usually recommend Amazon or RC-Fever to pick those parts up.

45. admin
    January 12, 2012 at 7:05 am #

Fritz,

It should fly okay with just one and it wouldn’t hurt to try. An authentic S107 should always have 2 though. As far as S107 vs S107G, it doesn’t matter, they should be the same.

46. jsmith
    January 15, 2012 at 5:10 pm #

After a number of days of increasingly successful flight with any number of hard landings–and crashes–the copter took an average drop to the floor. Now it won’t turn on–the switch feels like it’s engaging, but the lights on the nose cone won’t come on and nothing happens. Presumably a loose wire somewhere? What to do?

47. admin
    January 18, 2012 at 9:47 pm #

jsmith,

I would check all of the wire connections where they meet the board as well as the switch. If you have access to a soldering iron, try heating each of those connection points one at a time to re-flow the solder.
    Good luck.

48. Harold
    January 18, 2012 at 10:41 pm #

Just got my helicopter. Everything works great. However when I put the batteries in the trasmitter the green light comes on. The off/on switch on the transmitter does not seem to effect it. It seems if the grren light stays on it will run the batteries down. Is there a fix?

49. admin
    January 19, 2012 at 7:14 am #

Harold,

Definitely something wrong there. You can try opening the transmitter up to see if you can fix it, or just get the vendor to do an exchange.

50. George
    January 19, 2012 at 7:33 pm #

I need an owner’s manual for a Swift S929. It’s very similar to the Syma S107. Can anyone help?